Most of us think that shampoo and conditioners are a relatively similar product. Many of us use them in the same manner. Let me tell you that they are wrong. Shampoo and conditioner are hugely different from each other. The criteria for using them are non-identical. Today, I am going to share with you how to use conditioner for men.
How The Purpose Of Shampoo And Conditioner Is Dissimilar: You Must Know
You use shampoo to clean your hair and scalp and remove the dirt, debris, contaminants, oil, sebum, dandruff, and products you have applied. It makes your hair free of waste and fresh. Conditioner never cleans your hair. Conditioner is a protein-rich moisturizing cream for your hair that makes your hair smooth, shiny, soft, silky, healthy, and hydrated. It also made your hair knot-free and detangled. You become able to handle and manage your hair quickly. That means conditioner regains the moisture, closes the cuticles of your hair, and provides nourishment. Conditioner protects your hair from heat and harmful rays of sunlight.
4 Types Of Conditioners: Know To Use Exact Conditioner For You
- Rinse Out Conditioners: It is the most used and common type of conditioner. We can use it for any hair type such as dry, oily, or normal hair, etc. The ideal method to use a rinse-out conditioner is to use it after applying and washing out shampoo. You have to use an adequate amount of rinse-out conditioner on your hair. You have to wait for one to two minutes and wash out properly. It will protect your hair cuticles and make them smooth and shiny.
- Deep Conditioners: People use it for deeper conditioning compared to other conditioners. You need to consult a dermatologist or an online doctor if you want to use a deep conditioner. It is applied in case of dry or damaged hair. One having normal or oily hair should never use this deep conditioner. Otherwise, it will make your hair excessive oily. You need to keep the deep conditioner on the hair at least 30 minutes and then wash it out. If you are planning to apply color in your hair, you can use a deep conditioner before it for better results. A deep conditioner reverses your dry and damaged hair to make your hair smooth, hydrated, and healthy.
- Leave-in Conditioners: Leave-in conditioners are those conditioners that are thinner and lighter. These act as a moisturizer. They are also applicable for any hair type as like a rinse-out conditioner. People use a leave-in conditioner after the shower and don’t wash them out. That means these conditioners need not be removed. We use it for styling and fashion. The most highlighted thing is they detangle our tangled hair without a little bit of breaking or damaging.
- Masks Conditioner: This type of conditioner is thicker and heavier than the others. It profoundly moisture and hydrate the hair cuticles. Hair experts greatly recommended masks for its long-lasting and deep moisturizing effect. You must keep it on your hair at least 15 minutes after applying. If your hair is excessively damaged, you need to keep it at least 20 minutes.
How To Use Conditioner Men: Know The Correct Way
You use shampoo on the roots of your hair and scalp. Then, you massage them well to wash out all the contaminants. Conditioner has a unique way to use. I am saying them in 5 points.
- Application Of Shampoo: First, you need to apply shampoo and massage it in different directions firmly on your hair and the scalp’s roots. You can avoid the use of shampoo if your hair is not dirty and oily. Otherwise, You must prefer to shampoo your hair first. Make Your Hair Water Free: Conditioner doesn’t sit on wet hair. It would help if you used a towel to remove the water from your hair. You can use a hair-dryer instead of a towel.
- Tilt Your Head In Front: Then, you have to tilt your head in front. Tilting helps to apply conditioner on all your hairs easily
- Take Conditioner: Take the conditioner in your hand from the container of conditioner. Then, spread it on your both palms by the friction of two hands.
- Apply Conditioner: You have to gently apply the conditioner from the middle of the hair shafts to the end of the hairs. Please, never use on your scalp and root of hairs. Otherwise, you have to face the problem of excessive oil and silicone build-up on your scalp.
- Keep The Conditioner On Your Hair: You need to keep the conditioner on your hair according to the conditioner type. In the case of a rinse-out conditioner, you need to keep it for 1-2 minutes. A deep conditioner needs to be kept for at least 30 minutes. The masks conditioner needs to be kept for at least 15 minutes. We need not wash leave-in conditioners.
- Wash The Conditioner Properly: Clean the conditioner from the hairs with the flow of water by rubbing gently with the hand’s palm.
Why The Conditioner Is Important To Use: You May Be Eager To Know
After doing shampoo, our hair tends to tangle and frizz. As a result, the ends of the hair becomes full of knots and mess. In the winter season, our hairs become dry, moistureless, and messy. In these situations, conditioners play a vital role in detaching and hydrating our hair and making it smooth, shiny, soft, healthy, easy to comb, and comfortable to manage. Shampoo and conditioner both are acidic (have low pH). The conditioner is more acidic, or it has a lower pH level than shampoo. This lower pH is beneficial for the production of sufficient amino acid to nourish our hair cuticles.
Is your confusion about using the conditioner cleared? Now, you become confident enough to use your conditioner correctly. Every container or packet of conditioner has its instructions and directions. Still, we make many mistakes while using conditioners. This article clears all your confusions and solves all your queries about how to use a conditioner of men and women and why it is essential for us to use. Thanks for reading.